Submitted by admin on
Physical Abuse - Citation: Rev. Stat. § 419B.005
- An assault on a child and physical injury to a child that has been caused by other than accidental means, including injury that appears to be at variance with the explanation given of the injury
- Threatened harm to a child that means subjecting a child to a substantial risk of harm to the child's health or welfare
- Permitting a person under age 18 to enter or remain in or upon premises where methamphetamine is being manufactured
- Unlawful exposure to a controlled substance that subjects a child to a substantial risk of harm to his or her health or safety
Neglect - Citation: Rev. Stat. § 419B.005
The term 'abuse' includes negligent treatment or maltreatment of a child, including but not limited to, the failure to provide adequate food, clothing, shelter, or medical care that is likely to endanger the health or welfare of the child.
Sexual Abuse/Exploitation - Citation: Rev. Stat. § 419B.005
The term 'abuse' includes:
- Rape of a child, which includes but is not limited to, rape, sodomy, unlawful sexual penetration, and incest
- Sexual abuse as described in chapter 163
- Sexual exploitation, including, but not limited to:
- Contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor
- Conduct that allows, employs, authorizes, permits, induces, or encourages a child to engage in the performing for people to observe, or the photographing, filming, tape recording, or other exhibition that, in whole or in part, depicts sexual conduct or contact, sexual abuse involving a child, or rape of a child
- Allowing, permitting, encouraging, or hiring a child to engage in prostitution
Emotional Abuse - Citation: Rev. Stat. § 419B.005
The term 'abuse' includes any mental injury to a child that shall include only observable and substantial impairment of the child's mental or psychological ability to function caused by cruelty to the child, with due regard to the culture of the child.
This issue is not addressed in the statutes reviewed.
Standards for Reporting - Citation: Rev. Stat. § 419B.010
A report is required when there is reasonable cause to believe that a child has suffered abuse.
Persons Responsible for the Child - Citation: Rev. Stat. § 419B.005
Responsible person may include any person.
Exceptions - Citation: Rev. Stat. § 419B.005
Abuse does not include reasonable exercise of parental discipline.